10 Worst Movies of 2019
They can't all be winners.
10. Toy Story 4. Literally the only thing in Toy Story 4 that isn't lifted from the other movies is the spork character, who is as annoying as hell. Jar Jar Binks annoying. They should've stopped at 3.
9. Dumbo. Dumbo is a movie that starts off great, and then takes a Dumbo sized nose dive for the entire rest of the film. But hey, at least there were no racist birds in this one.
8. Cold Pursuit. Liam Neeson does Liam Neeson. Good for him.
7. Good Boys. Once the schtick that these are young kids doing and saying grown kids things wears off (which doesn't take long), there isn't much left to enjoy.
6. A Beautiful Day in the Neighborhood. This isn't actually a movie about Mr. Rogers. It's a movie about a journalist nobody cares about with daddy issues. Also, it's not the documentary, making it entirely unnecessary.
5. It: Chapter Two. How not to do a sequel.
4. Annabelle Comes Home. A doll possessed by a demon should always be scary. This wasn't.
3. Wine Country. Wine Country wants to be Sideways with middle aged white women. It isn't even close.
2. Murder Mystery. You know how great Knives Out was? This is the complete opposite of that.
And our winner:
1. The Two Popes. Let's take two guys who have spent their entire time as religious leaders protecting sex criminals, and make a feel good buddy movie about them. Good lord, indeed.